Monday, August 18, 2014

Special Ed

So, a few blogs back I told you all about how I can use notes for test. How did I get into special ed? Well because of cerebral palsy. Now wait, with my condition ant you spouse to be in a room with disabilities? True, but I wouldn't like it. I am in all classes with my peers except for phy-ed.

There are some advantages with being in special ed. I kind of think of my IEP (Individualize Education Plan) as a "Bible". I know for a few test I play the "IEP card" to use notes. Now as I look at it really saved my butt! I do use my IEP for other things as well.  

My special ed teacher  is like a "gift from god." If I have a problem in one of my classes I will talk to her. In ninth grade I was in health. We were watching a video, but we had to fill out a worksheet with the video. So after class I talked to her about what happened. When I got done explaining what happened, she emailed the health teacher to ask if I could re do the worksheet. So he replied back saying that he would exempt me from it. She is so awesome. Sometimes we get on each other's nerves. This will be my last year with her. 

As my 5th grade teacher once said "we are a family as a class." And he is right, each special needs classroom or regular class room, we make up a family. 

Yes I have a associate for my writing! But some day's we can get on each other nerves. I am grateful to have her even on my bad days. Oh get this will be my six year with her! Yup, form 7th grade on. This two will be my last year with her. 

I don't know where I would be know (grade level wise) if there were not special ed in schools! This will be my last year in school before College (I don't know if i will go to College.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment