Friday, July 25, 2014

Test.. Wait you can use notes?.... and you still get a C or lower?

Most special needs students can use notes for test and quizzes. So most people think ok it's easy to use notes for tests & quizzes. But in realty it's twice as hard for me. I get bad anxiety form test. With my notes and book it is even harder. Why because my brain is damaged from lack of oxygen at birth. I do occasionally study but, I can't get my head to remember stuff I study. Most bigger test I get a C+ or lower.

Easy stuff like a 20 word vocabulary test I can get done in a whole class period. Bigger test like a week if I have trouble with homework.The teachers are kind of supportive with me, but some teachers are not. My associate can get on my case at times (which i do not like) but it is for a good reason.    

When the teacher is talking I Listen to  him/her. Sometimes  I would love to be taking notes while the teacher is talking but when it comes back to test I hardly can read my own writing. That is another reason  why it's so hard to take test some of my notes are taking me.  Most of my notes are copy or by a associate. 
It's time to get a test back in science class, what did I get a F on a whole test! I do not know if I'm studying hard enuf for any kind of test or for that matter my notes?
                                                                      

1 comment:

  1. Have you thought of taking short notes in short hand, just write a few key words that are important for the lesson and expand on them as you study?

    ReplyDelete